August 3, 2022
An exciting number of opportunities have arisen for a self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join the marketing department at Donaldson Group. The ideal candidate will be proactive with good communication and strong organisational skills as well as meticulous attention to detail.
Salary: up to £20,000 pa
Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
The Role: Marketing Executive
If you thrive in a fast-paced, friendly, diverse workplace, and are ready to get involved in some great campaigns, this could be the role for you.
The primary responsibility of the marketing executive role will be to support the activation of the Donaldson Group campaigns, across one of its Interiors, Offsite and Retail & Distribution brands. This will involve helping to execute the strategy by producing good content, managing, and growing social media channels, analysing usage data and facilitating customer service.
Objective of the role will be:
- Help activate marketing plans for the group brands
- Manage day-to-day marketing activities and content development of assigned brands
- Help raise awareness of assigned brands, product offering and services to both existing and new customers
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- To help sales with lead generation by proactively promoting new and existing products
You will work closely with the Brand Managers & Heads of Marketing and quickly become a key member of our marketing team, where you will be tasked with the following activities:
- Support brand marketing activities e.g. design, re-sizing images, writing & editing copy, publishing & promoting content, etc
- Write engaging blog posts and articles
- Plan and execute both online and offline marketing campaigns
- Working on other brands and products within the Group and internal communications projects as required
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate would be a graduate with a marketing background or someone with a keen interest in marketing.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong evaluation skills
- Good IT skills; Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe CC
- Attention to detail is important, so a sharp eye and conscientious approach
- A proven, engaged understanding of a broad range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers and the ability to plan content and delivery
- Highly organised, effectively time managing and prioritising workload.
- Knowledge of PPC, Google Analytics, SEO, Email Marketing & PR would be considered desirable, as well as a passion for learning and developing.
The role allows a hybrid of remote and office-based work at our head office in Glenrothes (Fife) with an expectation to spend sufficient time with the direct team to ensure the successful application of the role.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
Please submit full C.V through the form below.