August 3, 2022
We are looking for an organised individual with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Also good at building relationships with others as will be working with a number of different stakeholders across the Donaldson Group family of businesses.
Would ideally have excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills, as well as good judgement and ability to use initiative. Able to prioritise work, especially when busy and working on multiple projects.
An ideal role for someone with a particular interest in brand development and internal/external communications, although there will also be a mix of other marketing activities and channels involved.
Objectives of the Role
This role will involve working on the Donaldson Group brand as well as our James Donaldson Timber brand. Key objectives include:
- Support the Group brand manager in activating marketing plans
- Manage day-to-day marketing activities
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Champion the brands and help to drive our key messages and themes through internal and external communications
Main Responsibilities will include:
Social Media Management & Activation
- Planning, creating and maintaining social channels for the Donaldson Group brand and JDT based on agreed strategy
- Monitoring brand mentions/comments and reacting to them
- Monitor competitors, industry news and other industry stakeholders
- Creating and resizing images/assets for social media using templates
- Drafting initial content for review for internal comms channels, news stories, email marketing, PR and social channels
- Identifying and resizing relevant imagery to support our content plans.
- Adding and updating content and imagery on websites, adding job vacancies, blogs and news pages. Full CMS training will be provided.
- Ability to manage email campaigns which includes:
- managing staff email data in line with GDPR,
- drafting content for internal communication emails,
- uploading content and sending out/scheduling emails via Mailchimp (training will be provided for platform)
- Able to assist with basic design requests, i.e. setting up posters, amending artwork
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Donaldson Group and family of businesses
- The ability to liaise with our agency partners and suppliers on multiple projects as part of agreed strategy
- Happy to get ‘stuck in’ to support the team with what is required i.e. ad-hoc marketing requests, event organising, general admin tasks, desk research for key projects.
- A passion for learning and developing – every day is a school day in marketing!
The role allows a hybrid of remote and office-based work at our head office in Glenrothes (Fife) with an expectation to spend sufficient time with the direct team to ensure the successful application of the role.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
Please submit full CV through the form below.