November 10, 2023
eCommerce Acquisition Manager, Home-based / Hybrid option also available.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Discretionary bonus scheme.
Flexible working patterns.
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service.
MGM Timber and Plane & Simple, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
We are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We specifically encourage female candidates and those from minoritised ethnic groups to apply for this post as they are currently underrepresented in the manufacturing and construction sectors of our organisation.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
· Responsible for email marketing as an acquisition channel, leading on all automation and working collaboratively with the marketing department on the delivery of campaigns in line with the trading calendar.
· Lead in the planning, execution and reporting of all paid digital marketing activity, including Google Shopping, Google Search, display, affiliates and paid social media.
· Ownership of the digital marketing budget and subsequent returns on investment
· Work collaboratively with the product data team to optimise the health of our Google Merchant Centre
· Responsible for omni-channel marketing solutions such as Google My Business and Local Inventory Ads
· Test and onboard new acquisition channels in line with market changes
· Work collaboratively with the wider trading team to ensure the trading calendar is up to date and all campaigns are suitably marketed.
· Work with the trading team to maintain market competitiveness in key areas and drive marketing performance.
· Identify trading market insights via site analytics and regular competitor analysis to provide strategic recommendations.
· Work collaboratively with the Commercial, Category and Marketing teams to successfully execute new initiatives.
· Lead the SEO strategy, working with external agencies to execute technical and content improvements.
· Work collaboratively with the wider D-Commerce team to execute User Experience, User Interface, and site content changes to maximise the conversion and retention of traffic.·
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
· 5 years of experience in eCommerce / digital marketing.
· Experience working with an eCommerce platform and content management system.
· Experience with high budget Google Ads campaigns and subsequent KPIs.
· Experience with social media marketing.
· Experience with SEO.
· Experience with affiliate marketing.
· Experience with an email service provider.
· Familiar with Google Analytics / GA4.
· Able to adapt and react in a fast-paced environment.
· Ideally familiar with Magento / Adobe Commerce.
· Ideally some experience within the construction sector.
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday. The role can be Home-based or hybrid, if within the locality of Donaldson or MGM head office. Occasional in-person team meetings throughout the year (travel and accommodation costs will be covered).
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Digital marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Glenrothes
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then do not hesitate to apply by sending your full C.V. to: Recruitment@donaldson-timber.co.uk