July 26, 2023
Internal Sales Representative – MGM Timber Broxburn
Discretionary bonus scheme
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service
MGM Timber, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 16 businesses and brands, ranging from B2B, retail and ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,700+ colleagues across the UK.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Our benefits package includes: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line). We provide an additional catalogue of optional benefits including and not limited to, cycle to work schemes, holiday buy and sell and private medical insurance.
- Taking inbound calls from customers.
- Negotiating to win business and cross selling associated products.
- Making outbound calls to grow sales.
- Liaise with Sale Reps, Customers, branches and Suppliers.
- Costing of bulk deliveries.
- Issuing information and processing orders from customers.
- Dealing with queries relating to orders and costings.
- Create ad-hoc sale reports.
- Updating orders, prices and order confirmations in the Company’s systems.
- Assisting with month end processes.
- Update stock levels and report figures to customers.
Our Perfect Candidate
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
- Work experience gained in a customer services role is essential and a desire to build a career in telephone sales and account management.
- A passion to build a career in sales and strong customer service skills and experience are required.
- Telephone sales or telephone based customer services experience is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills are essential.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Strong IT skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Email & Web) awareness and experience is essential.
- Strong data entry skills and high levels of accuracy are essential.
Hours for the role are 39 hours per week, working Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm. You will also be required to take part in the Saturday morning work rota, working approx. 1 in 3 Saturdays.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then do not hesitate to apply by sending your full C.V. to: Recruitment@donaldson-timber.co.uk