November 7, 2023
Yard Operative, Edinburgh City
Discretionary bonus scheme
Flexible working patterns
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service
MGM Timber Ltd, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
We are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We specifically encourage female candidates and those from minoritised ethnic groups to apply for this post as they are currently underrepresented in the manufacturing and construction sectors of our organisation.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Serving and checking customer collections.
- Moving stock to storage areas Picking and packing orders.
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy.
- Always complying with health and safety policy and procedure.
- Any other duties deemed as reasonable within the scope of the job role.
Our Perfect Candidate
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
- Forklift Truck experience and licence preferred.
- Experience of working within a Timber/Builder’s Merchant is an advantage, although full training can be provided for the right applicant.
- Warehouse and customer service experience.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt, change, prioritise and still deliver on the things that matter most is crucial.
- Tact, discretion, and good judgment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Skilled at providing pragmatic and commercial advice.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- A strong desire to learn and develop.
- Team player – collaborative and supportive of colleagues.
Within this key customer facing role you will be responsible for providing a quality service to customers and helping to maintain the yard’s high standards and efficiency.
Hours for the role are 41.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
There is also a Saturday rota that the successful candidate would be expected to participate in.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then do not hesitate to apply by sending your full C.V. to: Recruitment@donaldson-timber.co.uk