November 24, 2023
Class 2 Delivery Driver – MGM Hamilton
Discretionary bonus scheme
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service.
MGM Timber, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,600+ colleagues across the UK.
We are ambitious about diversity and inclusion. If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We specifically encourage female candidates and those from minoritised ethnic groups to apply for this post as they are currently underrepresented in the manufacturing and construction sectors of our organisation.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
The Role of Class 2 Delivery Driver
- Manually loading and unloading goods (Note: heavy lifting involved)
- Picking stock from warehouse for delivery
- Delivering goods to client’s homes and construction sites
- Working as part of a busy team to meet high standards.
- Positively promoting and representing the company at all times.
- Ensuring vehicle safety/maintenance checks are carried out daily.
The successful candidate must have effective communication and interpersonal. Knowledge of the local area is vital for this position. The candidate will also be required to assist in the yard as and when required. CPC training must be up to date.
Our Perfect Candidate
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience of working within a Timber/Builder’s Merchant is an advantage, although full training can be provided for the right applicant.
- Warehouse and customer service experience
- A clean driving licence ·
- Previous experience working with brick grab and operating a hiab is essential.
- Forklift Truck experience (desirable)
Within this key customer facing role you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Company vehicle and assist in providing an effective delivery service to customers as necessary.
Hours for the role are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday.
There is also a Saturday rota that the successful candidate would the expected to participate in.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then do not hesitate to apply by sending your full C.V. to: Recruitment@donaldson-timber.co.uk