August 3, 2022
We are looking for an individual to join our growing marketing team who is willing to learn, develop and is proactive. Great copywriting/editing skills are essential, as well as great judgement and attention to detail. A strong understanding of key social media channels and how to use these commercially is desirable, as well as any previous event management experience.
Objectives of the Role
The role will involve working on the Group’s offsite division which includes the following brands: Donaldson Timber Systems, Donaldson Timber Engineering, Donaldson Direct and Rowan Manufacturing.
- Support the offsite brand manager in activating marketing plans and activity
- Manage day to day marketing activities
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Champion the brands and help to drive our key messages and themes
Main Responsibilities will include:
Social Media Management & Activation
- Planning, creating, and maintaining social media channels for the Donaldson Offsite brands based on agreed strategy
- Monitoring brand mentions/comments and reacting to them
- Monitor competitors, industry news and bodies
- Creating monthly social reports
- Drafting initial content for review for PR campaigns, news stories and social channels
- Identifying and resizing relevant imagery to support our content/PR plans
- Updating content and imagery on websites, adding job vacancies, blogs, and new pages. Full CMS training will be provided
- Monitoring and reporting on Google analytics metrics
- Basic SEO knowledge and understanding to become a competent user of our SEO monitoring tool, SEM Rush
- Planning and assisting with the execution of events including exhibitions, site tours and training days
- Research relevant events and make recommendations on attendance for the Offsite brands and division more generally
- Able to assist with basic design requests, i.e. setting up posters, amending artwork, creating social media posts
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience is desirable but not essential
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Donaldson Group and family of businesses
- The ability to liaise with our agency partners and suppliers on multiple projects as part of agreed strategy
- Willing to support the team with what is required i.e. ad-hoc marketing requests, event organising, general admin tasks, desk research for key projects
- A passion for learning and developing – every day is a school day in marketing!
The role allows a hybrid of remote and office-based work at our head office in Glenrothes (Fife) with an expectation to spend sufficient time with the direct team to ensure the successful application of the role.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
Please submit full CV through the form below.