November 21, 2023
Assistant General Manager – Floors, Ilkeston
Discretionary bonus scheme
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service.
Donaldson Timber Engineering, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
- Support GM to achieve agreed budgets in terms of sales, margin, and profit.
- Assist GM in daily running of the branch.
- Manage all aspects of the branch in the absence of the GM.
- Develop and support each team member to achieve their required performance level.
- Assist in delivering governance and compliance related to H&S and ISO accreditations.
- An excellent understanding of I-Joists & Posi-Joists is essential for this role.
- Able to work in a dynamic way to solve problems with solutions on a priority basis.
- Proven track record of managing a team.
Previous experience within the timber engineering industry is desirable but not essential.
Hours for the role are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5.00pm, 8.30am to 12.30pm/4.00pm every other Friday. On occasion, additional hours maybe be required to meet the needs of the branch.
If this sounds like the right job for you then do not hesitate to apply by sending your full C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org