July 26, 2022
Discretionary bonus scheme
30 days’ holiday with additional days linked to service
James Donaldson Timber, part of the Donaldson Group, established in 1860, is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. We are a family of 11 businesses, ranging from B2B, retail, ecommerce, all with shared values and a common vision, driven by the desire to always do good. We are focused on always providing a number one customer experience, embracing innovation, and doing things in a sustainable way, not just for our business but also for the communities we operate in. But most of all, our People are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are committed to nurturing and empowering our 1,500+ colleagues across the UK.
As a 6th generation family-owned business, Donaldson Group is committed to providing colleague benefits that are truly valuable. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days’ holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line).
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual looking to develop their career in a sales environment. Based in a busy office in Brinscall Chorley the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects in the sales office. The role involves the following:
- A high degree of customer contact via telephone
- Ability to forge strong working relationships from initial contact
- Pricing enquiries and receiving orders from customers
- Liaising with customers and production team regarding progress of orders and delivery dates
- Achieving margin and volume targets
- Using the in-house trading system
- Collating information using Office 365
Our Perfect Candidate
Our perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
- Systematic and methodical attitude with a get it right first time every time approach
- An effective communicator
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Outstanding organisation and coordination abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft office 365
The role requires a high degree of numeric, communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skills and having a result orientated approach. Previous experience in the timber industry would be advantageous
For more information about the company please visit www.jamesdonaldsontimber.co.uk
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then do not hesitate to apply by submitting your full C.V. below by Monday 22nd August.